- Flour – 500 g
- Butter – 30 g
- Sugar – 70 g
- Eggs – 4
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt – a pinch
- Icing sugar
- Liqueur (Grappa, Rum or Alchermes) – 2oo ml
- Make a well with the flour, and add the sugar, the softened butter cut into small pieces, the eggs, the zest of a lemon and the salt.
- Mix the ingredients and stir in the flour as you go.
- Add the liqueur and mix until you obtain a smooth and homogeneous dough.
- Let it sit for at least one hour.
- Once the dough has rested, roll it out with a rolling pin as thinly as possible.
- Cut rectangles of dough that are about 4 x 10 cm in size.
- Dip the dough strips in 180 ° C oil and, when they start to brown, take them out and place them on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.