This is a tasty side dish, typical of Udien cuisine. It can be served as a healthier lunch alternative or to accompany full-bodied meat dishes or cheeses. It is really delicious!
- Difficulty: Low
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 red cabbage (about 1kg)
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 onion
- 2 red glass
- 50 g butter
- to taste salt
- s. pepper
- Wash the cabbage leaves, pat dry with a sheet of paper towel and slice thinly.
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Wash the apple, peel and cut into cubes.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and stew the onion.
- Add the cabbage and the apple, mix carefully, add salt, close the lid and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the wine, mix, let it evaporate for a few minutes, add pepper to taste, cover and continue cooking for another 20 minutes.
- Check that the wine is well absorbed and that the cabbage is still crunchy but cooked.
- Mix the red cabbage in the wine, add a sprinkling of fresh pepper and serve.