Ingredients for 4 people
1 Small onion
Unsalted butter – 60g or 4 tbsp.
Delta del Po IGP rice – 250 g or 1 c.
Hot water – 1.5 liters or 6 cups
Green peas – 75g or ½ cup
Prosciutto di Parma DOP – 6 slices
Grated Parmigiano Reggiano DOP – 100g or ½ cup
Slices of coppa piacentina – 4 slices
- Finely chop the onion.
- In a saucepan, sauté the onion with half the butter.
- Add the rice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add a little of hot water.
- When the water is almost completely absorbed, add more water in small amounts as it is absorbed, while continually stirring the rice.
- This should last about 15 minutes, the time it takes for the rice to cook.
- When there are 2 minutes left, add the peas and the minced Prosciutto di Parma DOP
- At the end of the rice cooking time, remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the grated Parmigiano Reggiano DOP cheese and the rest of the butter.
- Dress each plate with a slice of sautéed coppa piacentina.