The cultural experiences found in Marche are part of what makes this region so exciting to visit! Explore medieval hamlets and local communities, take part in festivals and feasts and enjoy local theatre, music and of course, wine. You can attend local harvest festivals, historical re-enactments, opera concerts and participate in the creation of homemade artisanal masterpieces.
· Il Palio dell’Assunta in Fermo – 15th of August
The Cavalcata of Assunta in Fermo is the oldest reenactement in Italy. Since 1182, it has featured a procession, religious celebrations and tournaments dedicated to the patronal feast of the Virgin Mary Assumption. In the late Middle Ages (1436) it became a means to reaffirm Fermo’s supremacy on the territory. This is testified in a page of the Messale De Firmonibus to which the reenactment is inspired and reproduced in the banner used for the event. The event includes a horse race called the Palio dell’Assunta which is a rivalry between the 10 districts of Fermo. Before the Palio on August 15 there is the Tratta dei Bàrberi which is a draw to determine which horses are paired with the districts.
· International Accordion Festival in Castelfidardo – September
· Fabriano, the hamlet of paper-craft masters – June
· Fishing Festival San Benedetto del Tronto – Summer
· Infiorata of Corpus Domini in Castelraimondo – June
This is a real life treasure hunt, encouraging the exploration of Castelraimondo in search of floral paintings set up in the most beautiful corners of the historic center, also giving the participants the opportunity to taste the local specialties in the trattorias and restaurants of the village, as well as staying in the many hotels of the area.
· Festa del Brodetto di Porto Recanati – September
· Acqualanga truffles National festival – October/November
· Jazz & Wine Festival in Montecarotto – July