The owners, Luca and Valeria, bought Le Cinciole in 1991, having left their “previous life” in Rome and Milan, with the ambition of fulfilling their own idyllic life: the creation of a genuine and minimal farming project, whose products carry geographic and historical roots and are made in harmony with the environment.
The History of the Winery
Le Cinciole is physically and philosophically off the beaten track. The Podere is personally run by Luca and Valeria. They chose an organic path a long time ago, dictated by their sustainable awareness and the role humans play in maintaining an ecological world.
A quote from Luca & Valeria:
“We are custodians of a territory that we use but do not have to abuse, a land that we model and protect, able to think about the future and a lasting productivity for ourselves and our children, respecting the environment and health of our employees and consumers”.
The soils are the dominant factor characterizing their wines, which have been certified organic for more than 20 years. They are only produced from estate-grown grapes, hand-harvested and vinified in a natural way.
They are strong believers of genuine and safe/healthy practices not only for winemaking but also for their lifestyle. This means Le Cinciole is not only a winery…it is a life-long project. That’s why they put quality and sustainability above all else.
In addition to organic farming, Luca applies some biodynamic concepts and practices that aim to minimize the stress of the plants, renewable energy and the most natural techniques in the vinification process (no additives, spontaneous fermentation, use of cement vats, low sulphites etc.).
All these practices allow them to obtain wines that are the real and transparent expression of this territory at Podere Le Cinciole.
The estate has 10 hectares of vineyards, which have been farmed organically since the beginning, and there has been natural interest in biodynamic farming. The cellar has been completely refurbished; it is simple and elegant, concrete containers and barrels are preferred for fermentation and ageing.
The soils surrounded by woods, vineyards and olive trees are typical “galestro”, made up of marly soil schists of limestone. Everything at Le Cinciole is incorporated in the old typical natural stone building. The ageing cellar is underground to minimize the ecological impact.
The Podere is only 2 km from Panzano in Chianti, a small medieval village where you can taste Tuscany.
Description of the Podere Le Cinciole
From the villa of the Podere, you can enjoy a spectacular view of the old town of Panzano in Chianti and a wonderful panorama of the Chianti Mountains. The cottage consists of two comfortable independent apartments, Ginestra and Corbezzolo.
- Rosato IGT Toscana – 100% Sangiovese
- Le Cinciole, Chianti Classico DOCG – 100% Sangiovese
- Aluigi, Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva – 100% Sangiovese
- Petresco, IGT Colli della Toscana Centrale – 100% Sangiovese
- Camalaione, IGT Colli della Toscana Centrale – 70% Cabernet-Sauvignon 15% Syrah 15% Merlot
Where is Le Cinciole wine?
CANADA – Petresco 2016:
USA – Rosato, Chianti Classico, Aluigi, Petresco & Camalaione:
- New York
- Washington DC
- Washington ST
- Tour of the vineyards
- Visit of the cellar and explanation of the wine process
- Swimming pool
- Kitchen in the apartment
- Festival Wine festival Vino al Vino and many others
- Museum 1 – 1,5 hours from Le Cinciole: it is possible to visit the main cities and their museums (Florence, Siena, Lucca, Pisa, Arezzo, Volterra, San Gimignano etc.)
- Cultural, historical and archeological sites surround Le Cinciole to visit.
- Trekking trails are all around, and guides are also available
- Lots of natural regional, national parks all around
- Golf L’Ugolino 30 minutes by car
- Beach 1-1,5 hours driving
- “Cicloturismo Rental” for bikes, scooters etc. 10 minutes from Le Cinciole in Greve in Chianti
- Horseback riding 20 minutes driving
- Spa 1,5 hours driving.