- 220 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 50 g of caster sugar
- 1 pinch of fine salt
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 1 lemon
- 5.5 grams baking powder
- 1 liter of oil
- Castor sugar or icing sugar
- Combine the flour, salt, sugar, eggs, grated lemon zest, and butter cut into small pieces.
- Knead everything until you obtain a smooth and elastic dough.
- Shape the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling film and let it rest for at least 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Remove the cling film, flour your hands, gradually take small pieces of dough and form balls the size of a small chestnut.
- Pour the oil in a small saucepan or in the deep fryer and heat up to 180 ° C max 200 ° C
- Dip the ball of dough in the oil, lower the heat and let them fry until they become puffy, golden and rise to the surface.
- Drain them on paper towels
- Dip them in caster sugar or icing sugar, making sure to coat them well on all sides.
- Enjoy them, hot or cold.